Thank you for your interest in commissioning a portrait! I would very much like the opportunity to create a pastel portrait painting of a family member or pet that you will always treasure.
Commissioning your portrait is easy.
- First, call to set up an appointment for me to come to your home. We’ll to discuss clothing, pose, colors, where your portrait is going to hang, and talk about your expectations about your portrait. When I paint children’s portraits, I sit down with your children to play and get acquainted with them before the photo session. I can shoot photos the same day, or schedule the session for another time at your home or other location. Allow about an hour or so. Your deposit of 35% is required at this initial meeting.NOTE: If you live outside the Charlotte, North Carolina area, don’t worry! I frequently paint from my customers’ supplied photographs. Photo guidelines are here. When it’s not feasible for me to travel, we’ll work via email with no problems.Some prior planning on your part will make all difference in your final painting.
• What do you want the viewer to know about the person in the portrait?
• Are there hobbies, favorite toys, special clothing or a pet you want included?
• Should it be a formal or playful pose? Traditional or contemporary?
This is the information I’ll need to know at our first meeting.
- I will email selected photos to you, with my suggestions about the composition. You can choose the pose and expression you prefer, and express your thoughts.
- I will create your portrait, and when it is complete, you may view it in person or via an image emailed to you. Following your final approval, your portrait is delivered, matted and ready to frame. Should you need assistance, I can help you choose your framing. Your payment of the balance is due upon delivery.
Please allow 2-4 months for your completed portrait, although many times I can complete it sooner. I absolutely guarantee the quality and likeness of my portraits, and will make sure you are completely satisfied with the finished painting before it leaves my studio!